Saturday, February 8, 2014

School/protest update

Hi!

I do indeed plan on following through blogging the rest of my travels. I got the pics from Erica to do it properly, but life has its ways, as they say. So, here's a little more on those ways that life is having:

I find myself inexorably torn between Bangkok and home. Protests carry on directly in my path to school every day. It's a major inconvenience, as the roads down which the buses I used to ride have been blockaded by humans, stages, tents and vendor booths, I now have the joy of walking to and from school as my best option of transit. I have a constant battle in my head over how these protests are in the right spirit for those seeking change, how it's a pain in my ass and all I want is a bus ride - the only thing that's actually blocked anymore, as they have pretty much given up on stopping car traffic - and how I am a bastard for not caring about the protesters' plight, and just plain not caring, or wishing I was somewhere else.

Then I think about being home, about hanging out with the furbeast:



I think about having ales with amigos and fishing the best waters in Idaho and riffing out on the geetar and etc etc etc...

And then I remember I would actually not be home, but instead in Moscow where there are like 72 feet of snow and it's negative something outside...but they have a bad ass gym that isn't closed from shootings at protest riots...

And then I think of all the homework I have for this ridonkulous dream-come-true of a design studio I have for my final, yes FINAL semester of college, wherein I am learning such disgustingly awesome things as:
Parametric brick design
3D paneling and pattern manipulation over complex surfaces
Freeform masonry vault design


http://block.arch.ethz.ch

And so on and so on, and then I am once again glad I am where I am.

And then I have to walk to school and sweat my ass off at 8 am again...

1 comment: