Monday, January 13, 2014

Let it begin! Winter break travel log, part 1.

This is a retroactive log of the things Erica and I got up to through southern Thailand and Malaysia. I waited until now to start this because, in short, I was on vacation. Blogging = work. Vacation = not work. I'm gonna do these however is convenient media-wise; some days may have their own entry, some entries may be an entire 5 day stop. However it works, I care not!

So, here's what I learned, above all else, about travel: "Density of Experience." I could never, ever, ever detail out everything we did if I had a lifetime, because it's 24/7 nonstop new places, people, things, sights, sounds, smells and tastes. What you see in this log are handy highlights, because giving a play-by-play would be disingenuous, I could not accurately portray any one thing we did, let alone three straight weeks of insanity. If you really want to know what these things are like, you gotta get out here and get them yourself.

Day 1 -
Early flight out of Bangkok for Krabi.



There was a bus waiting outside the plane for us. This is a shot of how far they drove before stopping to kick us out.

Full teak tree trunk staircase.

Delicious Krabi stuff while awaiting the ferry to Koh Phi Phi.


On a boat.



Viewpoint from Koh Phi Phi

The evening played out with us tooling around the "town" on Koh Phi Phi, a small series of foot streets crawling between the twin beaches. While I got to do such fun things as be seen in public in short shorts, pet dozens of cats, drink a bucket of booze for 160 baht and chow down on mangosteen, the highlight was our dinner of green and panang curry, both wielding otherworldly flavor and texture, and fresh shrimp from the surrounding seas.





No comments:

Post a Comment